9.26.2005

Nonfiction - The greatest trick the devil ever pulled...

Every so often, I am filled with the urge to pack all my belongings into storage, and disappear for a few months. New England, Europe, Hawaii, Ireland, California, Greece... Anywhere but here.

I never do. I always stay, and sort through whatever dilemma is making me wish I was somewhere else. My usual method is to hone in on the things that are important to me, and re-prioritize everything else.

This blog is now a casualty of that re-prioritization.

Originally a vehicle for my writing, Kinky Bastard has become an unwelcome burden. I'm a bit surprised by my lack of sadness at letting it go, but the truth is this: It feels like I've stopped writing for myself. I feel like I have to churn out stories, and that they have to be different, but more of the same. There are things I want to write about, but I don't feel like they have a place here.

It's uncomfortable. And I've almost wrote personal details and things going on in my life, into the stories. THAT'S not something I want to be doing, either.

So, I'm going to keep writing. I'm just not going to do it here. And I'm going to work on writing better. I'm looking at taking a class or two in the spring.

Thanks for all the kind words. It's possible I may start up another blog, at some point. I may even re-open KB, down the road. No guarantees, though.

The stories and archives are available for you to browse at your leisure.

Be good.

-- The Bastard.