1.18.2005

Notes on the Run - 1

The little paper strap that surrounds the book says "The Legendary Notebook of Hemingway, Picasso and Chatwin." Okay, I'll bite: How much writing did Picasso do?

Sigh.

If it had said Beethoven, Stravinsy, or Tchaikowsky, I would've understood.

The bartender (snobby) and waiter(pleasant) were just discussing gambling; Well a "football pool". It occurs to me that every job I've worked since moving up here 18 months ago, has included working with employees who gamble.

It's a gambling town, So I shouldn't be surprised. Me? Nah. I stay away from it. I know better.

Wow. My hand hurts. I haven't written this much in awhile. The product of the computer generation, I guess.

The scotch is perfect. Not too much ice (which can destroy the flavor).

The bar, which I shall refer to as "B's" is upscale and quiet; just my type of establishment.

It doesn't hurt that the waitress is sexy.

Time to finish my drink and go. I have a haircut next door.

Heh. She's sexy, too.

1/18/05 - 5:28pm.