12.23.2004

Break

When I started this blog, I told myself I'd take a break, once I hit Christmas. Well, it's pretty much Christmas.

Originally, I wanted 25 stories finished by Christmas. 25 stories by the 25th day of December... It has a symmetry, doesn't it? Alas, poor health, the conference, and, well... life, got in the way. I still managed to get 18 or 19 short stories written. They're not long, and not all particularly good, but I've done as much writing in the last couple months as I have in the last couple years. That thought is pleasing, only because it reinforces my belief that I can actually find the time to do more writing, I just need the motivation.

And having people read the stories has been gratifying. I've received a nice batch of e-mails and comments over the last few months, ranging from "That's hot" to "I like your stories" to "You need an editor", all of which have been appreciated. Really.

So, thanks for that.

I'm going to be shutting down for the rest of the holidays, barring an occasional post or two between now and January. I need to recharge the mental battery, plus I've got some personal stuff planned that's going to keep me busy.

When I come back, I'm hoping to write a little differently. I've spent the last 2.5 months chugging pieces out, aiming for quantity, instead of quality. As a result, most of my stories still feel like 1st or 2nd drafts. I think I've found a way to write, so that they come off more polished. I can't expect perfection (no matter how much my perfectionist side whines otherwise) but I think I can write better.

I'm hoping to play with some multi-media ideas I have floating in my head, and I'm thinking of taking a stab at some serialized fiction. I have this odd story floating in my head, based on a book I bought back in 1990.

I'm off to finish my Christmas shopping. I have to buy one last gift for my hairdresser. Heh. I love that woman.

Thanks for everything, and I wish everyone a safe, sexy and Happy Holidays.

Don't try too be hard to be good.

-The Still Kinky Bastard.