12.16.2004

Eh

I've been in an odd mood for the last week or so. I think it's best described as "melancholy".

My brain finds this odd, because I love Christmas. It's probably my favorite time of year. The problem is that after the holidays... Well, that's my least favorite time of year. January through mid-April (tax day and my birthday are back-to-back).

The roads are wet and snowy, It gets dark WAYYYY too early (even though we're working back towards turning the clocks ahead... back... whichever) and it's just dreary and miserable.

I hate it.

For some reason, I've been focusing more on the post-holidays, than on the holidays themselves.

It's been affecting my writing, which bugs me even more. I've barely been "in the mood" at all in the last couple weeks. Now THAT'S very strange. I usually have a day or two a month when I can't be bothered to masturbate. And even then, not every month.

But I've been in a funk.

I was at a used bookstore today, with a list of stuff to buy. One of the items on the list was Laurel Hamilton, who writes the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series. Yeah, sounds like gaudy trash, but the covers are incredibly hot. So, I figured I'd find the first novel for a couple bucks, try it out, and see if it's any good.

I picked it up in my hand, started to read the back, and put it down.

Not in the mood.

The sexual over tones were very obvious, but I just couldn't be bothered.

Weird.

I did end up buy a couple hardcovers I'd been looking for (I'm a hardcover fiend), and found an old Arthur C. Clarke pulp-style story that a friend had recommended. I'm fairly certain it was serialized at some point, but it was only one dollar. A small book for a dollar, how can you go wrong?

Anyways.

Weird mood.

--The Bastard