12.11.2004

Review

I caught Ocean's Twelve last night with the boys. We managed to catch an early showing, so as to avoid the rush of stupid people. I generally wait until Monday or Tuesday nights to watch movies in the theatre (or better yet, the DVD) but I'm a huge fan of Ocean's Eleven (the remake, not the original)

Anyways, it was a fun movie. Full of plot holes, none-to-little character development, and a script that felt more like a second draft than a finished product, O12 was still enjoyable because it's so rare that you see a group of movie stars having so much fun with what they do.

I mean, I can't really blame them for taking on this project. They knew they'd party like rock stars, make a butt-load of money, and have a good time in the process. Who wouldn't want to do that?

The jokes and overall good humor of the movie still made it fun to watch. They tried to pull off a "Usual Suspects" kinda thing (and you really won't see it coming, so I'm not spoiling anyone) which was the worst idea ever. And some of the great supporting cast - Elliot Gould and Bernie Mac, to name two - were pretty much ignored, which is sad.

Still, it's a good time, and a fun romp. If you're looking for a holiday diversion, you could see it. Or just watch Ocean's Eleven. Much better film. Great Suits. Tight script.

Next, I want to see Closer; supposed to be quite steamy.

--The Bastard