12.12.2004

Power

I love sexual power games. If you've read most of my stories, you've probably picked up on that. It's not too hard to miss.

For me, it's like a drug, pounding through my veins. It's laced with my fervent need to always be right, to always win. I have been known to admit defeat gracefully, but only rarely.

I have a tendency to get too hamstrung on the "dom" and "sub" archetypes of bdsm. That comes from my black-and-white view of the world. It's easier, in my mind, to settle on extremes. Because the gray area in-between gets too confusing.

I'll be talking to a girl, and in the back of mind I start thinking... "What's her favorite position? Does she like getting her clothes ripped off(in some cases literally)? Does she like to be spanked? Does she like to be tied up? Does she want to tie ME up? Or doesn't she know at all?"

It's easier to read women in the their 20's and mid-30's. Talking to women who get older than that, it starts to get tricky. It's a game, because that's all it is to me. Unless I'm out drinking and in the mood to start trouble. Then it becomes... fun.

I don't know why so many things seem to come back to the topic of power. I was talking to a friend of mine recently, and he remarked that his fiancee confessed that one of the things that attracted her to him, was his confidence. Not only that, but he's a fantastic musician. She would get turned on just watching him play.

In my case, it's my confidence tinged with arrogance. Or so I'm told by ex-girlfriends.

Anyways.

I can't ever imagine being tied up. I'd get bored, real fast. Tying someone up, though... ah. So much fun. It's that feeling of being able to do whatever I want to do, in my own time.

Yum.

It's the greatest thrill in the world, power. I don't completely understand my fascination with it, but I'm not too bothered by it, either. It's all part of the game, I guess.

--The Bastard.