10.22.2004

Q & A

She asks...

- Do you find, then, if a woman is only marginally interested in you, that you become more interested in her because she presents a challenge?

It depends. Assuming that she really is only "marginally interested" in me, once I realize that she is of such a mind, I'll take a step back and evaluate. If I don't think we're compatible after all (mixed signals and such) then I'll walk away. But, if there's the possibility of compatibility, and/or _SHE_ hasn't realized it, then I chase.

- And related to that, once you've essentially "won" do you lose interest since there's no challenge left?

The only way I lose interest is if there's nothing to keep my interest. Once I "win", I look at how I can... ah... "win" again. Only, make sure it's better, and hotter and filthier, and ...you catch my drift. You can never chalk up enough victories in the "win" column. The next challenge is making it better, etc, etc.

- Last of all, have you ever overestimated your attraction or interest to someone or something based purely on the fact that it was hard to get?

I can't possibly overestimate any interest I have. I'm a passionate man, who goes for the gusto. I have, to differing degrees, pre-set limits for certain types of relationships, and I'm very good about staying within the bounds of said relationships. There are times change is good, and times when stability is key.

As for waking up, and going "Oh shit. One too many shots."... well, yeah. Had a couple of those. And even then, I've done it without the booze. Not in a looooong time, though.

And sometimes, it's turned around on me, and things have worked out. Usually, it's the opposite. Nowadays, I'm much better at sniffing out the difference between "hard to get" and "not interested". Of course, it helps if the female in question knows, herself. But that's a different topic entirely.

- Then realizing, once you had it, you weren't interested in holding on to it?

Hm. It really depends on the person involved. The "challenge", isn't just based on "oh look, a hot girl", but more along the lines of "Okay. we click. I know it. maybe she knows it... doesn't matter. She'll like it, whether she knows it or not."

Now that I think about it, that question would've gotten a different answer 5 years ago. Different times, different person. The answer would've been "Yes, there have been times when..." yada yada. Nowadays, I'm just better at picking people out.

Nothing's perfect, but it's always fun to try.

S.
--