5.14.2005

Nonfiction - Retrospective

I skimmed over the entries I've written since X-mas. Compared to the pre-holiday stories (The 'X' series listed on the right), the tone is much darker. There's hints of sadness and melancholy. And quite frankly, not a lot of sex.

I'd say I don't know why, but I'd be lying. Part of it was the wintery-mellowness that I feel every year. The other reasons are a bit more personal.

But I'm aware of it, and I'm going to try to write more, and leave some of the melancholy behind. It's not easy, but noone ever said it would be.

--

While typing this entry, I got my first piece of hate mail, by someone who can't spell the word "fiction" properly.

Yay. I am blessed.

--

This probably won't surprise anyone, but I have a slew of unfinished stories for the blog (not to mention in my mind). The reason they haven't been completed is three-fold:

A: I'm a perfectionist of the worst kind. I can see the scene in my head; I can see what the people are doing, and what's happening, but finding the right words, is so very tricky.

B: I'm a stickler for a good and proper ending.

C: I often get so turned on by the thought of what's going on in the story, that I masturbate. Upon reaching my post-orgasmic state, I take a break for a couple minutes to, um, clean up, and usually end up doing something else.

-- The Bastard