3.03.2005

Nonfiction - Intimacy & Me

I've gotten a number of comments and e-mails asking the following question:

"How much of what you write is about you?"

Good question.

While this blog exists as an outlet for my fiction, I've been dropping little bits and snippets of my life, here and there. Unlike many of the bloggers I read (listed on the right), I'm not here to vent about everything that goes on in my life, let alone my sex life. For example, many of them will post with something that sounds like this:

"Christ, today was a big pile of shit. Let me tell you all about it."

Um, yeah. You probably won't be seeing that from me anytime soon. That's not how I do things. A great many people have posted a great many times, on the issue of "identity". I'd wager it is the number-one topic amongst bloggers, because so many of us hide our identity.

There are some like Matisse, who as a sex worker, is open about it, and writes about it. She has nothing to hide, because everyone knows what she does.

Then there are people like me, scratching their (ever-expanding) erotic itch. The only problem with that, is that I don't work in an industry where this type of.. ahem... kinkiness, would be tolerated. Even in NY, a "blue state" (and boy, do I hate the red/blue connotation foisted upon us, after the election) what I do during the day (and summer) does Not Mesh with what you see here.

So, I have to be careful.

But, at the same time, I realize that you need to know a little bit about me, so that you can relate to the fiction better. Understanding me, will help you enjoy the fiction. And, um, "enjoy" the fiction.

Heh.

So, I drop little Nuggets of Me into the mix. As of late, I admit they've been a bit darker; Well, my mood has been darker. And I'm a bit of a sadist, so what can I say? :)

A fellow blogger e-mailed me that the little posts I drop here and there are actually the "intimate" side of me. I think there's some truth to that. I'm going out of my way not to talk about the "outside" of me.

If you walk past me on the street, you won't have any idea who I am. Yes, I'm actually 6 foot 4, have short, brown hair, a slight goatee, blue eyes, live in upstate NY, and have serious "dom" tendencies.

But, that's all you'll ever get from me. Yes, it takes some work, but I set boundaries (oh look, a dom tendency) and I stick to them.

As for the fiction, well, yeah. Most of that is me, too. Either based on life, or imagination. Sometimes I see something on tv or two people walking, and I think, "There's a story there". For the most part, I put myself into the role of the male. I have, however, tried to get away from that as much as possible, for variety's sake.

There are times I deviate from that method. (And those are some of the stories I like the most.)
But, at the same time, I know many people enjoy reading that type of fiction. It's all about balance.

Inside the fiction, you'll find things I like and dislike. And while I do use the stories to vent... *bows graciously*...

I'm here to entertain.

Enjoy.

-- The Open-But-Still-Coy Bastard.